2022 Founders’ Program
What is The Studio’s Founders’ Program?
The Studio Founders’ Program is a 7-week guided program. This program will equip you with essential entrepreneurial skills to launch and scale your business and fill knowledge gaps for existing founders. You’ll also become part of a cohort and startup community, invaluable to new entrepreneurs and startup founders like yourself. This program is delivered 100% online and includes a two-week residency at The Studio in the Sydney Startup Hub (valid for use for 6-months).
- Weekly LIVE master classes, talks and workshops each Friday with industry and subject matter experts, successful startup founders and investors
- One-on-one sessions with a business advisor and commercialisation expert
- Introductions to successful startup founders, mentors and advisors
- Connection to all aspects of the startup ecosystem
- Tech credits and other opportunities
- A guided online education program. The Studio has partnered with Startup Onramp to deliver this component
- Demo Day (Pitch Day), an internal only event, held in week 7
- Two-week residency at The Studio (valid for 6-months)
The first Founders’ Program cohort for 2022 will commence mid-March (dates TBC). To be notified when applications open, please register below.
How much does the program cost?
- $699.00 +GST
- An additional team member from the same startup, $399 +GST
– The full cost of the program is more than $5,000 per participant but through sponsorship, The Studio can offer this program at a subsidized price.
-The cohort size is limited, acceptance into the program is competitive and via application and interview.
-If your application is successful, full payment is required prior to the program start date to confirm your acceptance.
-The Studio 2022 Founders’ Program is supported by Dolby, Copyright Agency, Invest Hong Kong and The Studio.
Your commitment to online attendance (AEST)
Mandatory attendance, each Friday over 6 weeks (10 am – 4 pm) plus 2 x half days (day one and Friday, week 7).
Who should apply?
The Studio is industry-agnostic. We invite Australian citizens or residents to apply who are:
- – new entrepreneurs in the first 12 months of their business
- – early-stage startup founders with or without MVP (minimum viable product)
- – pre-series A founders
- – individuals with tech-business ideas that could be the basis of a scalable business
- – social impact or social enterprise startups
As long as you’re highly passionate and driven to bring your startup to life and are 18+ years, we encourage you to apply.
What are the selection criteria?
- – Minimum requirement: Should be able to attend online each Friday during the program, plus the additional half days (day one and Friday of week 7).
- – Must have a startup business or planning to launch a startup.
How many people per cohort can join?
One person per team should apply, and indicate they if they have other team members (eg, co-founder) who would also like to take part in the program. If your application is successful, additional team members are $399 +GST each.
How can I apply?
Register HERE to be notified when applications for 2022 open.
Applicants are assessed throughout the application period. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a virtual interview.
Q: Do I have to have a startup company already registered in Australia?
- No. Establishing and launching a business in Australia is a key focus of this program.
- If you are already a startup founder, you will also benefit from this program. It will fill any knowledge gaps and allow you to reassess your business through proven methodologies.
Q: Do I have to be based in Sydney/ the Greater Sydney region?
Q: What does the program expect from me? Does the program expect me to be able to provide an output (e.g. MVP, PoC) at the end of the 7-week program?
Q: Do I have to sign up for residency at The Studio upon completion of the program?
Q: Is there an opportunity to pitch to investors?
Q: If one team member of our startup is successful with a funded placement in this program, can other team members join the program?
Q: I thought The Studio was focused on startups in communications, media and the creative industries? If my startup is not related to any of these sectors can I still apply?
Q: Why is The Studio offering this program at a low-cost?
A: The Studio is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity with a mission to support and foster startup and scaleup activity in Australia for the benefit of all.